We decided to do goat cheese and black bean tacos so we had the following ingredients:
Crispy Soft Tacos, inspired by Pinterest
1 can black beans
juice of 2 limes
1 avocado, chopped
1 package goat cheese
fresh cilantro, chopped
small soft corn tortillas
1) First we prepped all our food - chopped, squeezed, etc.
2) Then we made the taco filling mix by combining everything in a bowl
3) Then it was time to make the tacos - in a skillet with heated olive oil, we added the corn tortillas and let them cook for about a minute to get crunchy.
4) Then we added the mixture to half the taco, about three spoonfuls. Jake added hot sauce to his, which is what you see on top of that one there.
5) After you add the mixture, you'll fold the rest of the taco over and press down for a few seconds. You'll cook the tacos for about three minutes per side to get them brown and crispy.
6) And then you serve! We ate ours with my favorite Mexican street corn and squeezed more lime on top of the tacos.
Now that we've mastered the process of making the tacos themselves, I'm looking forward to exploring different options for the inside of the taco. I'm thinking I'll do ground beef next time. Maybe some of the salsa chicken or cilantro lime chicken from the crock pot another time. We loved the black bean/goat cheese combination but there are just endless possibilities.
In goat cheese and avocado,