You know how sometimes you make something and it is SO delicious but just looks heinous? That is this recipe. An alternative theme for this post could be "how many dishes can you make out of the black bean/corn/rotel combination"? Addiction. I know, right?
So this recipe comes from the depths of my brain. No links or inspiration here, just sheer innovation. The premise is a mixture of Mexican-ish deliciousness stuffed into a pita, which is the vehicle by which one ingests the deliciousness.
- fresh chopped cilantro
- lime juice (fresh)
- avocado, chopped
- pita pockets
- shredded cheese
- can, refried beans
- can, Rotel (Mexican flavor)
- can, corn
- can, black beans
1) In a medium saucepan, combine the black beans, refried beans, corn, and rotel to warm. Add cheese and stir.
2) In a bowl, combine above mixture with avocado, cilantro, and lime juice
3) Heat pitas in oven, then stuff mixture inside pita
4) Eat carefully (mixture spills out)
As I sit here eating the leftover mixture (it makes enough for about 12 pitas), I am reflecting on the other uses of this divine concoction. Jake suggested making the mixture into a dip by putting it into a serving dish, covering with cheese and sour cream.
In cilantro and lime juice,
Installing A Subway Tile Backsplash For $200
10 hours ago