I found a blog called Retro Ranch Reno through the Better After blog. Gabbi writes over there about her adventures in renovating her ranch-style house alongside her husband. I am so insanely jealous of how their rancher is turning out, especially the open floorplan and kitchen.
Gabbi tagged me in a blogger game of tag and I'm playing along. Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules. (And link up who tagged you.)
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Eleven Fun Facts:
1) I have twin brothers, Jacob and Ezra. They are fraternal and 5 years younger than me. They are super cool.
2) I had a Great Dane growing up named Dallas and eventually want to get another.
3) As obsessed as I am with our basset hounds, I never even met a basset hound until I picked out Beamer in 2004.
4) I first met/knew Jake when we were in the same CLUE class in 1993. He was in 4th grade and I was in 3rd grade. We weren't friends but became friends in high school. We started dating when I was a junior and dated 7 years before getting married.
5) I am a bit nerdy when it comes to organization. I love the multi-color packs of flair pens, am obsessed with stationary, and my planner is my life. I'm pining for this planner: Erin Condren Life Planner
6) I have cut my hair once for Beautiful Lengths. I would like to do it again - I'm currently growing my hair out to do so. This picture below is from last time I was growing my hair out:
7) In case you didn't notice, I'm sort of obsessed with my animals. We have three dogs and a cat.
8) I love to treasure hunt for antiques. A fun Saturday to me would be going to some hole in the wall place and finding some good deals on antique furniture and such.
9) My two favorite foods are pickles and cheese, but not together. And I've been saying that since about 4th grade, which is how long I can remember answering my favorite food question with that answer.
10) My favorite colors are pink and orange.
11) I like to go on the MLS and dream about all the houses I find. I like doing searches for houses that were built prior to 1950 - it is always fun looking at older, historic homes. Along that same thread, I'm also obsessed with HGTV and real estate shows.
Now on to Gabbi's questions:
1) Where do you live? I live in Memphis, Tennessee - specifically Midtown.
2) What is the furthest place you've travelled to? I have been to Germany three times because my dad's family lives there. According to the internet, Germany is 4,800 miles from Memphis.
3) Warm Weather or Cold Weather and why? Definitely warm weather. I'm totally a Southern-girl. When I get cold, my bones hurt. I do not like being cold.
4) What is your day job? I'm a teacher. I teach in an inner-city school that is in Midtown Memphis. I love my kids and am passionate about education. This is an exciting time for education reform in Memphis.
5) If you hit the lottery, would you keep your day job? Yes, I think that I would. I think that if you are living out your vocational calling, it is a part of who you are. I think that I might be more willing to make risky moves within the education world if I wasn't afraid of failing (and thereby cutting off my paycheck source) but in general I would absolutely stay in education.
6) What is your favorite food? I'd have to say pizza. Or maybe veal picatta. Or maybe a good, juicy steak. Or maybe ice cream. I can't decide.
7) What are the 3 most played songs on your ipod right now? Definitely anything Glee. Probably Don't Stop Believing, Dream On, and Defying Gravity from Glee. I'm obsessed.
8) If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be? The shallow part of me would want to meet someone like Brad Pitt. The better part of me would want to meet the Clintons (both - is that cheating as an answer? They are a team).
9) What is your favorite TV show? I have several favorites - House Hunters, GLEE, New Girl, anything Law and Order, Grey's Anatomy
10) If you could redo one area of your home, what would it be? Considering I've already done the kitchen, I'm going to say (since this is totally hypothetical with make-believe money) I would add a second story master bedroom addition to our house.
11) What is your go-to store for home decor? Definitely my favorite antique stores like Sheffield's and Antique Warehouse.
My 11 Questions for the people I tag:
1) How did you get into blogging?
2) Describe your dream house. What is it like?
3) What is your favorite memory from your childhood?
4) What is your guilty pleasure?
5) If you could have any job, what would it be and why?
6) Who do you admire and why?
7) What store represents your personality and why?
8) You just won $500,000. What do you do?
9) Apple or PC? Why?
10) When you're stressed, what do you do to de-stress?
11) What is your favorite meal?
And now, the people I've tagged...
I do so hope they play along! I know these things can be a bit juvenile (chain emails, anyone?) but every once in a while, it is nice to get to know people on their blogs.
In blogging and friends,